- Pan fry a large cubed eggplant in a little oil and butter until a nice golden colour. Remove from the pan.
- Add a good splosh of oil to the pan along with a 1/2 teaspoon of each cumin, sesame seeds and crushed fenugreek seeds. Fry until the cumin go golden brown and then add a thumb sized piece of chopped fresh ginger, a couple cloves of garlic and a diced green chilli and cook for a minute or two.
- Then add 2 finely diced onions and gently fry for about 10 minutes until everything is softened.
- At this point return the eggplant and add 1/4 cup of tomato puree and a 1/2 teaspoon of both ground coriander and turmeric along with about 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Finally add about 1/2 cup (small can) of coconut milk and a handful of fresh coriander leaves.