|Baked Stuffed Peppers|
- For about 6 large peppers you will want about a cup of cooked cooled rice or couscous.
- Fry off half an onion in a couple of tablespoons of oil and add to this a grated zucchini and the equivalent of either carrot or pumpkin or a bit of both.
- Then add a tin of drained crushed tomatoes reserving the juice for the baking dish.
- Add fresh herbs of your choice I have used parsley and dill and season with salt & pepper.
- A dash of water added if needed to make a moist but not wet mixture will also capture all the flavourings from the bottom of the pan.
- Blanch your whole peppers in boiling salted water for about a minute. You can leave this step out if you like a crunchier finished product.
- Cut off the tops scrape out the seeds and fill with the mix and place them in a baking tray with the reserved tomato juice and about half cup of water.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes.