|Cabbage and Noodle Salad with Tofu|
Once tasted it is sure to become a family favourite...
- Use either a 1/2 savoy cabbage or Chinese cabbage and this needs to be shredded very very finely. I use a machine because I like the cabbage at it's finest as it is eaten raw.
- add a half dozen or so sliced spring onions to this...
- 100 grams of lightly toasted pine-nuts... you can use slivered almonds or any nuts you prefer but I think the pine-nuts are my favourites in this instance.
- finally a packet of Chang's original fried noodles available in most supermarkets.
- Dressing: in a saucepan place 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1/4 cup caster sugar, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil and 1/2 cup of olive oil... stir this over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved and then cool before adding it to the salad.
Our tea tonight is served with pan fried firm tofu which has been lightly dusted in seasoned flour.