Monday, June 4, 2012
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
- It can be made up following the instructions on the pack and served as they are... in about 60 minutes.
- The same pack can be made into a vegetable soup by adding diced veggies and cooking it in a slow cooker on low over the day 7-8 hours if you want to have a go at that method.
- Or by using the same packet blend of whole grains and adding fresh vegetables along with some browned chicken to end up with a "Chicken and Vegetable Soup".
|Fresh diced vegetables of your choice|
- In a little olive oil soften an onion, half dozen sliced spring onions, a couple of stalks of celery and a couple cloves of crushed garlic until translucent.
- Then add diced carrots, pumpkin, mushrooms and zucchini until they start to soften.
- Finally add a tin of tomatoes, 1/2 cup of tomato puree, fresh herbs of thyme and parsley, the soup and spice mix and 2 litres of water... cover and simmer for about and hour until the barley is tender... Enjoy!
Labels: barley, carrots, celery, chicken, diced vegetables, garlic, haricot beans, mushrooms, onion, pumpkin, red lentils, slow cooker, tin tomatoes, Vegetable soup. McKenzie's country vegetable, yellow split peas, zucchini
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
|Pasta with Zucchini Sauce|
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
|Thai style Roast Pumpkin|
- Make the dressing while this is happening. Into a saucepan place all of the following ingredients...1 clove of crushed garlic, 1tea spoon ground cumin, 2 table spoons sweet chili sauce, 4 table spoons rice wine vinegar, 1 table spoon brown sugar, 2 table spoons ketjap manis, 2 table spoons olive oil and 2 tea spoons sesame oil ... bring to the boil and simmer gentle for 2 minutes.
Toss the baked pumpkin and dressing together in a large bowl and let them cool to room temperature for about 30 minutes...serve sprinkled with any of the left dressing and roughly chopped coriander.
This twist on delicious roast pumpkin that you may not be able to resist will be served for tonight's tea of simple home made salmon patties (tomorrows recipe) and a two minute tossed salad... tasty finger food option for a party serve with a serviette.