Monday, April 23, 2012
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
|Apple,Dried Fruit & Almond Meal Crumble|
Thursday, March 8, 2012
- Soften onion ... red, white, brown, leek, spring onion-anyway you choose.
- Bacon diced ...tin lentils, butter beans-anyway you choose.
- Add about 1kg chopped pumpkin ... butter nut, jap, sweet potato, carrots-anyway you choose.
- Cover with liquid ... vegetable stock, chicken stock, whey from cheese making or water-anyway you choose.
- Coconut milk, cream or not-anyway you choose.
- Seasoning's ... cracked black pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, chili-anyway you choose.
- Blend smooth and serve as pictured ... hot or cold-anyway you choose.
Labels: anyway you choose, bacon, butter beans, carrots, coconut milk, cold soup, cracked black pepper, cream, hot soup, lentils, onion, Pumpkin soup, stock, sweet potato, whey
Monday, February 27, 2012
|Blini with creamed cheese and chive dressing|
- Boil, drain and mash 2 potatoes ... set aside to cool.
- Pan fry 1/2 an onion and also let cool.
- When all cool mix together with salt & pepper, a handful of chopped parsley, 200ml cream, the yolk of an egg and the whisked egg white...
- Pan fry in vegetable oil 10cm fritters until golden brown on both sides.
Other toppings could be *thin cucumber ribbons * a simple rocket salad dressed with oil and balsamic *thinly sliced smoked salmon.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Make a batter suitable for a thin crepe...below is my guide and what I did for this batch...prepared ahead of time and reheated through when filled for tonight's tea.
- 6tbs plain flour, 1 egg and the liquid portion is natural yoghurt, a dash of milk and water made up to 300ml...
- I use a Bessemer pancake pan and bowl system but you can improvise if you aren't lucky enough to own these.Lime juice, sugar and cream... sweet crepe... what can I say other than today's lunch... yum!
- Tea tonight are the same crepe served and presented in a square parcel with a mixture of caramelised onions & figs, pumpkin, mushroom,spinach and feta... topped with dressed salad leaves, avocado and icing sugar toasted heavenly almonds .
Pancakes are eaten today, Shrove Tuesday, the day before Lent commences. Pancakes are made from staples that would spoil if not eaten; flour, eggs, cream the consumption of which is traditionally restricted during the self-denial, associated with the 40 days of Lent which starts tomorrow.