|Vanilla Poached Salmon with Borlotti and Butter Beans|
|Vanilla Poached Salmon|
- In a large pan prepare your poaching liquid by adding a cup of white wine, 1 cup of water or fish stock, 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste, knob of butter, a few cardamom pods crushed and husked removed, 1 cinnamon quill, 1 tablespoon of honey,1 teaspoon of saffron threads and salt and pepper. Bring this to the boil and pop in your salmon pieces and turn the heat down to a very soft simmer and poach them for about 6 minutes or until the fish is just cooked... remove the fish and set aside while continuing to reduce the liquid by about half.
- In another large fry pan heat a 50/50 olive and vegetable oil mix and fry stirring constantly until softened, about 5 minutes, the following tiny diced vegetables, 2 carrots, 2 sticks of celery, a leak and a clove of garlic.
- Add a can of Borlotti beans, a can of Butter beans and the reduced poaching liquid and continue to cook stirring occasionally until the liquid is almost evaporated and you are left with a coating sauce.
- Remove from the heat stir in another knob of butter and a handful of roughly chopped fresh parsley.
- Plate up and top with the flaked salmon to serve this delicious healthy meal.