|Beef/Pork Kofta with Saffron Yoghurt Dressing|
- Into a food processor place 1 roughly chopped brown onion, 1 cup of loosely packed fresh herbs such as coriander, continental parsley and mint... finely process.
- Next add 1kilo of minced meat... we used 50/50 pork and beef... process again quickly.
- About 100grams of crumbled feta and two eggs.
- Finally 1 teaspoon of ground coriander, 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1/2 teaspoon of ground allspice and some salt and pepper.
- Pulse this mixture to a paste like consistency and then form into sausage shapes around bamboo sticks using about a tablespoon or so of the mix on each. (This mix produced about 17 as pictured)
|Saffron Yoghurt Dressing and tossed salad|
- Take 10 threads of saffron and soak them in a tablespoon of hot milk until the milk goes cold.
- Add this along with a couple of tablespoons of fresh chopped coriander to a 250 gram tub of Greek style yoghurt and there you have it.