|Pumpkin and Sultana Muffins|
Muffins are very popular in most coffee shops and so I thought I would try one with pumpkin... I have thought about adapting this pumpkin muffin by swirling through some melted chocolate into the batter at the end to create a marble effect just for something different, sweet and possibly deemed healthy as a result of the use of a vegetable.
- Precook mash and cool some pumpkin - 1 cup of cooked vegetable required.
- In a large bowl mix together a cup of milk, 1/4 cup of raw sugar and about 60 grams of melted butter.
- Beat into this one egg.
- Add to the liquid 2 cups of sifted self raising flour and a teaspoon of mixed spice.
- Mixing gently with a wooden spoon add in about a 1/2 cup of sultanas or any dried fruit of your choice along with the cup of mashed pumpkin.
- Spoon the batter, filling to the top, into paper cups inserted into muffin tins... bake at 190 for about 20 minutes for the large ones or until cooked... small ones will take less time.
- When cooled these can be sprinkle with icing sugar and drizzled with chocolate if you want... just as nice plain and served warm is another option.