|Mushroom, Pencil Asparagus, Persian Feta and Herb Frittata|
This recipe is a very simple blend of healthy options... you can add some diced bacon in the beginning if you like... it literally takes about 10 minutes to pull together and about 20 minutes to the table served straight from the pan.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a non stick pan and gently fry off your mushrooms and mini asparagus (pencil asparagus) for a few minutes until softened.
- Spread some cubes of Persian feta cheese all over the mushroom base.
- In another bowl lightly beat 8 eggs, a dash of cream, heaps of fresh chopped herbs such as parsley, chives and basil and some cracked black pepper and salt.
- Pour the egg mixture gently over the mushroom mix and turn the stove down very low and gently cook until firmed almost through to the top.
- Sprinkle the top with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and finish off the cooking process under the grill to a golden brown.
- Rest in the pan for a few minutes and serve warm with a simple salad of your choice.