An all time favourite is this good old "Ginger Nut" biscuit ...crisp, crunchy, ginger, any time of the day with or without the excuse of a cuppa.
- Cream together 150 grams of room temperature butter, 225 grams of brown sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla paste until well combined and smooth.
- Add and egg and a desert spoon of fresh grated ginger and continue to beat until pale and fluffy.
- Add to the mix 185 grams of plain flour, 1 tablespoon of ground ginger and 1/4 teaspoon of bi-carb soda which have been sifted.
- Roll teaspoons of the mix into balls and into demerara sugar and place on baking paper lined trays allowing plenty of room for spreading.
- Bake in a 180 oven until golden brown on the edges for about 10 minutes.