Warm French Dressed Bean Salad

These beans could be from anywhere and I am pretty sure every country would have their own version... these have been called French because I have added a French mustard into the dressing.

Warm French Dressed Bean Salad


  • Steam some young green beans until just cooked.
  • While steaming the veg prepare the dressing by placing a spoon full of French mustard (this isn't a hot mustard but contains herbs, spices and treacle which has a wonderful flavour, a couple of finely diced spring onions, a handful of chopped herbs, I have used basil and coriander my two favourites, a couple of tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and 4 - 6 tablespoons of olive oil.
  • Toss through the warm beans when al dente. Add some salt and pepper and serve while still warm as a side dish with anything or on their own if you prefer.


Comments

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you...