|Caprese Salad with home Roasted Capsicum|
The scrumptious colours of Italy with its origins in Capri trust me this salad will fit in just fine to any kitchen anywhere in the world.
- Roast a red capsicum straight over the gas burner with a pair of tongs straight on your stove turning often until it blisters and blackens and then place in a plastic bag to sweat. The skin will then peel off very simply leaving you with a delicious fresh capsicum. You can also grill it to achieve the same result or even using the jar ones will suffice. Try doing it yourself however because it really is simple and delicious.
- Remove the skin and seeds and then tear the capsicum roughly and place it on a serving plate.
- Add very ripe room temperature tomatoes, sliced, halved or quartered depending on what you have available.
- Now add some torn mozzarella or bocconcini cheese (the best quality you can find its worth it)
- Finally add some torn fresh basil and I have also added coriander to mine and drizzle over the top olive oil and a coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper.