Chocolate and Coconut Brownies

Chocolate and Coconut Brownies

I ate my first piece of this brownie while it was still warm straight from the oven.. there is no way you can't do that with the smell created during cooking.
I am keen to experiment with coconut flour (gluten free alternative) and so I have used it in this recipe. It appears to me to be similar in texture to almond flour and so could be substituted if you have trouble finding the coconut. It is available from Hills Fresh in Mundaring for my local followers and I believe can be ordered on-line.
Coconut Flour is an alternative to wheat flour that has a very high percentage of dietary fibre which helps support your digestion.



  • In a heavy base saucepan over a very low heat gently melt 200 grams of dark chocolate (highest cocoa solids possible) and 250 grams of butter.
  • Remove from heat and add a couple of teaspoons of vanilla essence and about 3/4 cup of caster sugar and stir to dissolve.
  • Whisk 3 eggs into the mixture along with a cup of coconut flour and a handful of moist flakes coconut.
  • This recipe is best shared so I have baked the mix in two greased foil baking tins so that I can share one tray with my friends for about 30 minutes (this recipe will rise just a little so leave some room, will be set on top and moist in the centre but cooking times will vary depending on the container size you use) ... still warm, gently slice the portion size whilst in the tray... delivered warm and enjoyed with a coffee you will most certainly be welcomed.


Comments