|Cauliflower Rice with Goats Cheese|
This dish can be served on its own, as a side dish, in place of rice or let it go cold and add to salads. Cauliflower is low in fat and contains numerous health benefiting nutrients that help in the prevention of prostate, ovarian and cervical cancers.
- Soften a finely chopped onion in a little oil in a large frying pan for about 5 minutes until transparent.
- Either grate or whizz a half cauliflower in a food processor until very fine and resembles couscous (which is another name for this recipe "Cauliflower Couscous")
- When the onion is softened add the finely dice stems of a small bunch of coriander (pick and retain the leaves) a teaspoon of ground coriander and the fine cauliflower... continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the cauli is soft and starting to brown.
- Stir in 3/4 of the coriander leaves and season with some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve plate up topping it with some crumbled goats cheese and the remaining coriander leaves.
- Feel free to replace the cauliflower with broccoli for a green alternative.
- Serve with meat as a side dish if you like.
- Cool the cooked cauliflower dish and add it to your favourite salad as a way of incorporating texture and nutrient into a delicious leafy salad.