|Pumpkin & Rice Tart|
|Pumpkin & Rice Tart with Tomato salad|
- Firstly slice up 6 spring onions, a stork of coriander and a bunch of dill and place these in a large bowl.
- Add to this 2 cups of cooked rice, 8 eggs, 150gms crumbled feta and salt and pepper. Whisk the mix with a fork to combine and place it into a greased heavy based ovenproof frying pan on your stove top over a moderate heat for 5 mins to start to set the base.
- While this is happening grate 1kg of pumpkin and toss with 1 tbs oil in a bowl.
- Top the egg mixture with the grated pumpkin and another 50gms of crumbled feta.
- Transfer the pan to a preheated 200 oven for 15 minutes. Then turn the oven over to the grill setting and cook the tart for a further 5 mins until the egg is set and pumpkin and feta are golden.
I have served our tea tonight with a simple tomato salad... Tomato, spring onion, dill, olive oil and lemon juice.