|Zucchini & Cheesy Polenta Lasagne|
Simple with a little prep...
- Make up a quick tomato sauce by soft frying garlic, onions, coriander stalks and I added sliced fresh mushrooms..Here is where you can be creative with veggie choice or even chilli if you fancy some spice in your life.
- Add a tin of crushed tomatoes, 1/2 tin water and a squeeze of tomato paste and lots of roughly chopped fresh herbs. I used tonight Italian parsley, basil and coriander.
- Salt, cracked pepper, a tsp of sugar and a dash of balsamic vinegar (these additions to any tomato base are in mine and my dad's opinion vital to a balanced sauce. Cook this down to a rich thick consistency. While this is happening make your cheesy polenta by
- Bringing to the boil 4 cups of water with some vegetable stock powder in it for added flavour. Whisk in 1 cup of polenta and whisk until thick. Remove from the heat stir in some freshly grated parmesan cheese and let it cool for a few minutes. In the meantime grate a couple of zucchini and some tasty cheese.
- Layer together in a deep casserole dish or similar starting with a polenta layer on the base, tomato sauce, grated zucchini then grated cheese ending with cheese on top.
- Bake in a mod 180 oven until the top is golden brown and serve on its own or with side salad/veg...this can be a complete meal depending on your variations.